Agenda for Board Meeting
Call to Order
Moment of Silence
Acceptance of Agenda
Acceptance of Board Meeting Minutes
- Accept November meeting minutes
Treasurer’s Report and Budget Update
President’s Report (See above)
Piers & Harbors Report
Green Committee Report
Beach Committee Report
– Vote on Budget for next fiscal year.
– Discuss Social Committee change with Charlotte Leaving
Below is a list of what was accomplished since the last Board Meeting.
Projects and their status
Since the last meeting, here is a project status list:
- Working on swale that drains into Boat Ramp.
- The following projects are still underway
- Planning for cistern system and dog wash [Pushed to next year, as no time to work on it]
- Prep table at Beach to be permanently mounted (COMPLETE)
- Add Benches to Beach and Booker Park (COMPLETE)
- Add Handicap ramp at Beach (In planning)
- Upgrade to replace picnic tables (In Planning)
- A beach volleyball court put in at the beach [NET ON SPECIAL ORDER due to size needed]
- Porta-Potty enclosure [Moved to Spring 2015]
- Scanning old OHCA files is underway (ongoing)
- Ordered and received a plaque for Claire (Yet to give it to her)
- Create a GIS Map of community roads to plan maintenance work [UNDERWAY]
- Add four slips at Fishing Creek [PLANNING]
- Install piling caps at Fishing Creek pier [Underway]
- Rain Garden for Cedar ‘paper’ road, joint with AOTB [Hold off as might not be needed]
- Washington Saltwater swale at boat ramp and rain garden (Underway)
- Washington Ave. swales survey and permit application (Early planning)
- Research and work with Niagara Road residents on phragmites (In Planning)
Community Areas of Concern
This is a new Section I am trying to track areas of concern in the Community. Here is the list I have:
- [FIXED] Flooding on Creek drive from road and new home construction. Working with Bob Eyster and observing the construction and how it affects the water runnoff. As the home nears completion, we will look at the way the water flows to determine what to do next.
- [To ADDRESS} New flooding area on Washington Drive. New homes past Booker have been experiencing flooding in front yards as the builder never installed swales or a way for water to flow toward Booker road. We should look into this issue.
- [FIXED] Flooding in swales between Harbor and Fishing Creek. The swales are not in an easement that we know of. The Fishing Creek work seems to have reduced the flooding, as the water can now drain some. But some flooding is still an issue.
- [FIXED] Flooding on empty lot at the top of Fishing Creek road. The swale work has reduced the flooding somewhat. The lot, like a couple on Arundel on the Bay road, are lower than the swales and don’t drain. Although there is not much we can do, I thought I’d list it.
- [In progress] Flooding from Paper work (Cedar Rd) into homes along Ellis and into Ellis Road. Will be addressed in August.
- [FIXED] Flooding on Ellis
- Fishing Creek parking area and park – Minor clean-up, add some sand, and new rope/posts
- Fishing Creek pier – Replace some missing boards and put new piling caps on (project underway)
- Harbor Lot and play ground – No current issues.
- Booker Parking Lot – No current issues
- Washington Boat ramp – Will need some sand behind the kayak rack.
- Beach – Enlarging Gazebo project delayed. New benches started
Board Approvals/Motions Needed
To accomplish these, we would need to Board to approve the following:
- Acceptance of the Budget for 2016