We have had huge oscillations in temperatures in the past 30 days. The severe cold weather did not appear to do any damage, but we did have some localized power outages . Work on the beach and Washington parking area has started.
We are ready for the community meeting on the 28th.
Assuming we have enough voting members of the community at the meeting in January, we will vote on the budget and tax decrease.
Accomplishments this month
Since the last meeting, I have managed to get the following tasks accomplished:
- Started the following projects
- Three additional Kayak racks (large one at Fishing Creek, small ones at the beach and Booker
- A beach volleyball court put in at the beach
- Repairs to Washington avenue pier and boat ramp
- Repairs to the Washington Ave. parking area and slightly improved landscaping
- A beach trash corral for four trash cans
- Beach repairs to bench, gazebos, fence and landscaping
- New steps to enter the beach gate
- Booker pier repairs and new poles for the floating docks
- A fish cleaning station on the Fishing Creek pier
- Planning for cistern system and dog wash
- Ordered Comcast services for the Beach
To dos for next Month
- Continue work on projects
- Create a GIS Map of community roads to plan maintenance work
- We also plan to gather quotes to have a community-wide tree and hedge trimming of plants that overhang roads and swales, or cause blind spots at intersections.
- I began to look at swale drain options for Ellis and Fishing Creek to prepare for spring rains/flooding. We learned a lot from Biohabitats and would like to experiment on creating water drain areas.
Board Approvals/Motions Needed
To accomplish these, we would need to Board to approve the following:
Agenda for Board Meeting
Call to Order
Moment of Silence
Acceptance of Agenda
Acceptance of Board Meeting Minutes
• Accept December 12, 2013 minutes
Treasurer’s Report and Budget Update
BGE Report (Planned for 7:30pm)
Green Committee Report
Beach Committee Report