We have had a busy month preparing for the FY 2015 Budget. We have also completed some of the initial work at Fishing Creek and did a survey of projects around the community.
The tax change associated with the homestead tax credit has increased the amount of funding that Oyster Harbor is to receive from the county. As we on the budget planning committee believe the community does not need the entire increase in funding, I would like to ask that the tax rate be lowered.
Assuming we have enough voting members of the community at the meeting in January, we will vote on this.
Accomplishments this month
Since the last meeting, I have managed to get the following tasks accomplished:
- Survey the three piers, Harbor park, the beach and general community areas for major projects
- Work with Kathy and Claire on a budget
- Repair the docks at Fishing Creek pier
- Removed a dead tree on Harbor Rd
To dos for next Month
I submitted the following quotes for work to be started in December and completed by April:
- Three additional Kayak racks (large one at Fishing Creek, small ones at the beach and Booker
- A beach volleyball court put in at the beach
- Repairs to Washington avenue pier and boat ramp
- Repairs to the Washington Ave. parking area and slightly improved landscaping
- A beach trash corral for four trash cans
- Beach repairs to bench, gazebos, fence and landscaping
- New steps to enter the beach gate
- Booker pier repairs and new poles for the floating docks
- A fish cleaning station on the Fishing Creek pier
- Rubbish removed at Fishing creek
We also plan to gather quotes to have a community-wide tree and hedge trimming of plants that overhang roads and swales, or cause blind spots at intersections.
I will also begin looking at swale drain options for Ellis and Fishing Creek to prepare for spring rains/flooding. We learned a lot from Biohabitats and would like to experiment on creating water drain areas.
Board Approvals/Motions Needed
To accomplish these, we would need to Board to approve the following:
- Approve the FY 2015 Budget
Agenda for Board Meeting, Thursday, December 12, 2013
Call to Order
Moment of Silence
Acceptance of Agenda
Acceptance of Board Meeting Minutes
• Accept October 10, 2013 minutes
• Accept November 14, 2013 minutes
Treasurer’s Report and Budget Update
FY 2015 Budget Review and Approval
Green Committee Report
Beach Committee Report