Agenda for Board Meeting
Call to Order
Moment of Silence
Acceptance of Agenda
Acceptance of Board Meeting Minutes
- Accept December meeting minutes
Treasurer’s Report and Budget Update
President’s Report (See above)
Piers & Harbors Report
Green Committee Report
Beach Committee Report
– Discuss Social Committee planned events for this year
Below is a list of what was accomplished since the last Board Meeting.
Projects and their status
Since the last meeting, here is a project status list:
- Updating events on Community website (Underway)
- Planning for cistern system and dog wash [Pushed to next year, as no time to work on it]
- Add Handicap ramp at Beach (In planning)
- Upgrade to replace picnic tables (In Planning)
- A beach volleyball court put in at the beach [NET is all that is needed]
- Porta-Potty enclosure [Moved to Spring 2015]
- Scanning old OHCA files is underway (ongoing)
- Presented plaque for Claire (Complete)
- Create a GIS Map of community roads to plan maintenance work [Delayed]
- Add four temp slips at Fishing Creek [Early planning]
- Install piling caps at Fishing Creek pier [Underway, delayed by weather]
- Rain Garden for Cedar ‘paper’ road, joint with AOTB [Complete]
- Washington Saltwater swale at boat ramp and rain garden (Underway)
- Washington Ave. swales survey and permit application (Early planning)
- Exercise Circuit course (Planning underway)
- Add two dog poop stations (Bringing back this idea due to requests. Washington boat ramp and possibly Louis?)
- Kayak launch at Booker (Moved floating dock to Fishing Creek and replacing with smaller one – underway)
- Research and work with Niagara Road residents on phragmites (Early Planning)
Community Areas of Concern
This is a list of areas in the community that need attention:
- [To address] New flooding area on Washington Drive. New homes past Booker have been experiencing flooding in front yards as the builder never installed swales or a way for water to flow toward Booker road. We should look into this issue.
- [To address] Still some flooding on Creek after new house was built.
- [To address] Ms Cherry’s swale repairs.
- [Mostly fixed, some fin tuning needed] Flooding from Paper work (Cedar Rd) into homes along Ellis and into Ellis Road. Will be addressed in August.
- [Mostly fixed, one resident would not let us repave driveway apron and fix the swale in from of his house] Flooding on Ellis
- Fishing Creek parking area and park – Minor post winter clean-up, add some sand, and new rope/posts
- Fishing Creek pier – New piling caps on (project underway)
- Harbor Lot and play ground – No current issues. Minor post winter clean-up.
- Booker Parking Lot – No current issues. Minor post winter clean-up.
- Washington Boat ramp – No current issues. Minor post winter clean-up.
- Beach – Enlarging Gazebo project delayed. No current issues. Minor post winter clean-up.
Board Approvals/Motions Needed
To accomplish these, we would need to Board to approve the following: