This page offers information for Realtors and Home Buyers looking for background and buying/selling information for the Oyster Harbor Community.
Located five miles from downtown Annapolis. Oyster Harbor (oysterharbor.org) is one of the most vibrant and active communities in the Chesapeake bay western tidal water area. No other community extends out into the Chesapeake Bay, yet boasts fully sheltered harbors and creeks for kayaking and water sports.
The community has many amenities that include:
- Three bodies of water; Oyster Creek, Fishing Creek and the Chesapeake Bay border Oyster Harbor
- A swimming beach with sea nettle nets is the center of the community
- 39 sheltered slips are spread across three marinas for small to moderate sized powerboats and sailboats for $24/foot/year (The lowest priced slips available in a Bay side community)
- 10 floating dock spaces are available for small dinks and sunfish sailboats, for only $144/year
- 56 free kayak/canoe/dinghy rack spaces by the water.
- Beach volley ball court
- A One mile, three-station Exercise Circuit Course
- A 12′ climbing wall
- A 16′ rope climb
- A fishing pier for residents’ use only
- A boat ramp for residents to launch boats
- Three overflow parking lots
- A dog beach and dog play area
- Two playgrounds for kids
- A turtle nesting area and small nature preserve
- A beach picnic area with picnic tables, BBQ, and cooking prep table
- A second picnic area and park
- Two beach gazebos with AC power and free Wi-Fi.
- Ability for residents to reserve the beach for parties and special events
- Tree lined roads and gravel swales present a more rural setting
- A dog friendly community with optional on-line pet directory for lost pets
- Underground power feeds to most homes
- Verizon FIOS and Comcast cable available to every home
Oyster Harbor is Special Tax Benefit district, where your taxes pay the community fees. There are NO homeowners fees. Oyster Harbor is one of the best financially managed communities in Anne Arundel County. The community has no loans of any kind, an ample emergency fund for floods, and a strong Board of Directors who maintain the community properties. The community has no separate covenants or restrictions beyond AA County regulations. All community forms and information are available on-line for residents. The community offers on-line; maintenance requests, beach reservations, slip reservations and other forms for the convenience of the community. An on-line community calendar, email service and Facebook page keeps you informed of events.
Unlike most communities, Oyster Harbor has a paid professional manager on staff who handles problems and issues quickly.
The Community sponsors a Thursday evening Yappy Hours at our dog beach, and Friday evening Happy Hours on the Beach that includes pick-up Volleyball games, and scheduled ice-cream and/or food truck in good weather. The community hosts a variety of summer cookouts and events for residents.
Click the link for a listing of available homes for sale in Oyster Harbor.*
Click the link for a listing of available homes for rent in Oyster Harbor*
* These links are sponsored by local Realtors. If you have bought or sold a some on Oyster Harbor and wish to refer your Realtor to place a link here, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our only two rules are that; 1) A resident has used and recommends the Realtor, and 2) The listing is of Oyster Harbor Homes only.